If you are new to personal training and would like to start working towards a fitness goal, or if you are already an experienced athlete, working out with the help of our Aberdeen based personal trainers will be hugely beneficial to you in many ways. Our trainers will help to create a tailor made plan to assist you in reaching your goals and you will be able to see the results. Working with our personal trainers requires commitment and endeavour but it is well worth the investment. If you are considering using a personal trainer, we have put together a little guide to help you to know what to expect when you begin.
What does personal training involve?
As a personal trainer, my main role is to create a safe and effective exercise and training programme unique to you and your goals. The training may include undertaking a high intensity exercise course to ensure that you hit your weight loss goals. Or it could be that you have damaged your ankle while playing sport, and we can help with getting you back on track while ensuring your safety and needs throughout the process
During a fitness assessment, our personal trainers, here in our Aberdeen studios , will be able to gauge your current fitness levels. You will then be asked about your own personal goals and where you would like to be in terms of them by the end of the sessions. Do not be concerned if you are not sure of your own main goals, we can focus on achieving small goals that we establish together. Your personal trainer will be able to help you to set realistic and achievable goals with the assistance of a unique training programme.
From then on, you will be focussing on working with your trainer, following the exercise plan. They will help you to perform the exercises correctly and will make sure that you have good form. It may feel a bit uncomfortable at first, but that just means that you have not been doing the exercise correctly previously. It also means that you will know how to perform the exercises when you are working out on your own. You don’t want to be hurting yourself when the exercise becomes more intense!
Who uses personal trainers?
For those in the local area, there are all sorts of different reasons why people would use our personal trainers in Aberdeen, and we see people of all ages and fitness levels. We have put together a short list of the most popular reasons to use us:
- Rehabilitation – if you are recovering from an injury, whether it was through sports or something else, working with our personal trainers at our Aberdeen facility can make a huge difference to your recovery rate. We will be able to design a programme to help you get back to your best without risking further injury.
- Training for a specific sport / event – if you are looking to run a marathon, or you specialise in a particular sport, then working with an experienced trainer means that you can speed up your development and keep yourself safe whilst doing so.
- Just starting out – If you are just starting out it makes sense that you would need professional help. Having a local Aberdeen PT means that you will get advice and guidance, as well as motivation and encouragement when you need it!
- Schedule – if you have a really busy work or personal life, it is easy to skip your gym sessions if you feel that you don’t have time. However, if you have booked and paid for time with our personal trainer in Aberdeenshire, then understandably, the accountability is on you to turn up and stick to your workout programme!
- Challenge – if you feel that you have plateaued in your weight loss journey, or you don’t seem to be progressing on your own, then you may not be pushing yourself hard enough. Doing the same routine each week can get boring, and a fresh pair of eyes can help to make sure that you have enough variety, so you don’t lose sight of your goals! Your PT in Aberdeen can adjust your workouts and make sure that you are having fun whilst doing them.
Whatever your reasons are for working with the personal trainers in Aberdeen, you can be confident that we are there to help you to reach your goals and aim towards a healthier lifestyle.
Key things to expect from your personal trainers in Aberdeen.
When you attend your first session with your Aberdeen PT, you should expect the following over the next few weeks:
- A full body assessment – on your first session, your trainer will assess you fully including mobility assessment, body fat measurements, health questionnaires and a dietary review.
- Nutrition advice – your personal trainer will be on hand to help with nutrition information and advice to make sure you are getting the most out of your sessions to help you reach your goals.
- A strength and cardio training programme – rather than just focusing on your workouts when you are with your personal trainer from Aberdeenshire, you should expect to be given a weekly plan to make sure you know what you are doing every day. You should also expect to keep a record of your solo workouts so your PT can see how you are progressing.
- Updated training programmes – once your personal trainer can see progress, you should expect your exercise programme to be changed and updated to challenge yourself. You don’t want to be getting bored of the same routine! As soon as it becomes easier, you need to change it up.
- Communication – your personal trainer is not just available for your weekly appointment. You may receive communication in between sessions to make sure that you stay motivated and on track.
- Education – it isn’t just enough to know what exercises you are doing; you need to make sure that you understand their effects and know how to perform them properly. Our Aberdeen personal trainers want to make sure that you are making lasting changes and working towards a healthy lifestyle.
How do I know which trainer is right for me?
When it comes to choosing your personal trainer, it is important to note that not all personal trainers are the same. You need to make sure that your trainer understands you and your goals, and that you will get the most out of your training sessions. Our leading Aberdeen personal trainer – Chris Roy, is fully qualified and has a wealth of experience when it comes to developing programmes for health and fitness goals. We can help you with a unique training programme that can fit around your goals and your lifestyle. We will also offer you help, guidance and motivation when needed – we know that some days can be harder than others!! Our Aberdeen-based personal trainers will listen closely to what you want to achieve and will work with you to help reach your goals.
You won’t be disappointed if you use a personal trainer in Aberdeenshire – start your journey to a happier and healthier lifestyle now!